Fall themed recipes are coming at everyone fiercely on Instagram lately. And to think it’s only mid-September… so technically it’s still summer. But that’s not stopping anyone from making these amazing, cozy, and warm recipes.
For people who know me personally, they know that I am always cold. It’s rare that someone will see me without some sort of coat, or sweater on. Even in the summer I have been seen wearing a winter jacket. That’s another reason why I love oatmeal so much is because it’s warm! I would love to divulge in smoothie bowls more often, but my body cannot handle it… I turn into a popsicle.
So in honor of this fall recipe influx, I decided I would make some Apple Pie Oatmeal with a vegan Oatmeal Cookie of course!
The warm apple topping is really what makes this zoatmeal amazing! For this recipe, I simply soften them in the microwave. It gives the same affect as being sauteed, but in a quarter of the time.
Here’s the Vanilla Zoats Recipe!
- Vanilla Zoats (link in post)
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1t. all-spice
- Apple Pie Topping:
- 1 small Apple (roughly chopped, divided)
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1t. apple pie spice
- 2t. water
- Oatmeal cookie (optional but suggested. link in post)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Prepare Vanilla Zoats as instructed. Stir in cinnamon and allspice.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add ½ of the chopped apple, spices, and water. Microwave for 1 minute, remove and add remaining Apple. Stir until combined.
- Top your zoats with this amazing topping, pumpkin seeds, and an oatmeal cookie!