I’m a huge advocate for single serving recipes… probably because I’m the only one in my house who eats this way. 😉 I have noticed that when I do a search for “single serving recipes” I get a whole bunch of sugar, animal products, and more sugar. How sad is that? It’s being drilled into our minds that eating that way is actually healthy! Um.. no.. your double bacon cheeseburger with a side of beer cheesecake is not healthy living.
Ok rant over! 😉 As I’m still living at home, my family is very aware of how I eat, and what I make. They are there for the good, bad, and ugly (for those in the plant-based vegan realm, you know what I’m talking about). And recently I have become more adventurous with my recipes, and eating. 🙂
My father is a 5th. grade teacher, and loves his sweets! Normally I would make him a cake for his first day of school, but this year I was busy with a show. I felt really bad. So I decided to make him a mug cake!
Bunny trail.. I LOVE MUG CAKES!!! It makes me feel so special and I love that you can have a million possible combinations of flavors (don’t worry, I will posting my fair share here. 🙂 ) in a baby cup!
Back to reality. Now, I could have made him a “normal” mug cake. Butter, flour, sugar, eggs… but I hate willingly making someone something I know is detrimental to their health. So I made him a cake, my style. 🙂
This gorgeous mug of deliciousness is a plant-based vegan, gluten free, sugar free, chocolate mug cake with my famous protein frosting (Find them HERE!) and topped with coconut whipped cream and Michigan blueberries (the best in the U.S. 😉 ) Enjoy!!
- ¾ scoop plant based protein powder (I use chocolate Orgain)
- 1T. cacao powder
- 1T. peanut butter powder (I use Better Body Foods PB Fit)
- ½ banana (mashed) or 2T natural applesauce
- 2T water or plant-based milk
- ½t baking powder
- Protein Frosting (Link in post)
- Coconut Whipped Topping (I love to make my own, but So Delicious is a great brand too)
- In a small microwavable mug mix together the protein powder, cacao, pb fit, baking powder, banana or applesauce, and liquid.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Continue to cook for desired firmness. (I like between 2-21/2 minutes)
- Layer prepared frosting, top with coconut whip, and blueberries.