Its hard for me to put into words the amount of stress I get when asked to eat something out of my comfort zone. It hard for me to comprehend the feeling of just eating.. no thinking.. no anxiety.. no nothing (forgive the double negative). Some days its just a little voice, barely a whisper. Other days its shouting at me from the rooftops. When that happens.. I take my frustration out on the people I love. I don’t why. But I do. Recovery isn’t a one step thing folks, its a constant 2 steps forwards, one step back dance. If you know someone who is dealing with an eating disorder give them grace.
Its becoming fall here in Michigan, which is great, except when you are always cold.. then its not so much. 😉 But I still do enjoy the leaves changing color, the smell of campfire smoke, roasted squash, and of course wearing layers and layers of sweatshirts!!! 🙂 With the influence of fall spirit, I need to put my hat in the ring with some delicious fall themed recipes.
These cucumber rolls were inspired by all the amazing vegan sushi going around in internet world. I have never actually attempted making sushi (It would be a hot mess), but these were inspired and made me feel semi-accomplished.
Here’s the link for my Pumpkin Cumin Hummus recipe!
These rolls are 100% customizable! Let your imagination take you places!!
- 1-2 cucumbers (mandolin sliced lengthwise)
- ¼c-1/2c Pumpkin Cumin Hummus (link in post)
- 1-2 apples (matchstick chopped)
- Mandolin slice the cucumbers lengthwise and lay out on a cutting board.
- Spoon a small amount of hummus on the beginning of your cucumber slice and thinly spread it.
- Place 4-5 apple matchsticks at the beginning of your cucumber slice,and roll into a sushi roll. Fasten with a toothpick.