“Blissful Daybreak” “Sweet Awakenings” “Wholehearted Heaven” Don’t these names sound delightful? But what is on the inside is what truly matters. I have been familiar with GoMacro for some time, and with their release of new flavors, I thought it would be a good time to do a review. Only touching on a vast array of their products, I hope this gives a rounded view of whats behind the captivating names, and if they are worthy of their title.
The principles for any company are extremely important to me. They can tell a lot about the true intentions of a brand, and how much they value their customers and products. GoMacro has six key principles: “Veg Out (Vegan): Eat Food. Not to much. Mostly Plants.” “Live Long (Macrobiotic diet): A macrobiotic diet is the key to a long, and healthy life.” “Be Well (Wholesome): If nature did not make it, we do not use it.” “Community (Give Back): Pay it forward. Give back. Change the world.” “Tread Lightly (Sourced Sustainably): Let us walk softly on Earth with all living beings great and small, remembering as we go, that one God kind and wise created all.” I don’t know about you, but those are some amazing key principles.
On the nutrition side, their principles shine through. They are an USDA Organic, Sustainable Food Trade Associates Certified, Certified Gluten free, Certified Vegan, Certified Clean, Certified Raw, Certified Pareve, Carbon Free, and a Certified Non-GMO company.
- NEW Blissful Daybreak (Blueberry + Cashew Butter): This was very much a blissful experience. From the first bite, I got a contrast of chewy dehydrated blueberries, soft cashew butter, and lightly crunchy cashew halves. The flavor was refreshing, earthy, and a perfect balance between sweet and nutty. A nice breakfast bar for on the go.
- NEW Protein Decadence (Dark Chocolate + Almond): I have yet to find such a joy then having a big dark chocolate chip melt on the tip of my tongue. So it was to my pleasant surprise that this bar was riddled with them. Next to the taste of roasted almond, and more Peruvian chocolate dough, it was richly delightful. But with the name “Protein Decadence” I would have loved to see a larger protein content.
- NEW Sweet Awakenings (Mocha Chocolate Chip): As you all know, I really don’t do coffee. So I let my family tell me their take to have a fair review. It was a major hit. The strong bite of coffee, washed down by smooth and melty chocolate after notes. It sure delivers a bit of a buzz. So skip that coffee, and dive right into this bar!
- NEW Coconut + Almond Butter + Chocolate Chips: Have you ever had an Almond Joy? I welcome to healthier sibling to the candy bar. It was perfectly tropical, and yet rural thanks to the nice hints of almond butter. I really enjoyed the texture of this bar. Not to chewy, and with lots of odds and ends scatted throughout the bar. A nice bite sized treat.
- Cashew Caramel: When they said cashew caramel, they were not kidding. I was honestly blown away at the level of caramel flavor I received off the bat. It was rich and toasty. The addition of the earthy cashew bits was an incredible addition. It was slightly sweet, but leaned more to the sweet/savory playing field. Chewy, with cashew spread out through the caramel dough.
- Sunflower Butter + Chocolate: Sunflower is not something you see utilized a lot. It can sometimes have a burnt or incredibly raw tasting flavor if handled incorrectly. It was utilized correctly in this bar though. A refreshing, yet deep aroma came from the seed without it being overpowering. It paired nicely with those big chocolate chips again.. I’m a sucker for chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip: Compared to the Sunflower Butter, I found the peanut butter a touch overwhelming, and underwhelming at the same time. I feel it (for some reason) has an oily texture and taste. I wish it could had a more natural taste, and maybe less peanut butter, and more whole peanuts.
GoMacro really hit it out of the park with their new flavors. I have had a variety of their other bars (unfortunately not mentioned here), and by far, they have been my favorite. On the other end, out of all I have tried, the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip was my least favorite. Which surprised me because I am always a peanut butter/chocolate girl… but this one was not a fan favorite. I HIGHLY recommend you head on over to GoMacro’s Website to see the wide range of other products they offer, and their other line of products, “Thrive”.