While scrolling the internet, I came across an interesting company to say the least. When first presented with the company name, “No Cow“, I didn’t know what I was getting into. Only able to find a few assorted bars at my local health food store ( and thanks to No Cow, I was able to get a few of their brand new products (that at the time were not launched yet so excuse the pre-sale packing), the claims the packages were incredible. Did they meet up to my expectations?When I first popped over to the No Cow website, I had to chuckle. I was greeted with this simple phrase, “We started No Cow when we couldn’t find high-quality, non-dairy protein bars. Turns out there’s a lot of hype and hidden stuff in “healthy” foods. So No Cow isn’t just for the dairy intolerant, it’s for the bull$#*t intolerant. Those who choose to live a healthy life and demand better.” That was a lot of passion. 😉 No Cow focuses on bars, fluffbutters (and now cookies) that have no dairy, soy, gluten, GMOs, and saying yes to low sugar, high protein, and saying yes to plant based.
No Cow Bars:
I was so excited to try these! I have been looking for bars that pack a major protein punch without a major calorie punch. Sitting around 160-210 calories per bar and 20+ grams of protein, its the perfect morning snack, or evening dessert that should keep you satisfied. But how was the taste?
- NEW Chunky Peanut Butter: As you all know, I am a peanut butter freak. This bar was phenomenal. Full of peanut pieces, and a creamy, peanut doughy base. They didn’t skimp on the peanut that is for sure.
- NEW Carrot Cake: I was a touch perplexed by this bar. I got the taste of spice that you would recognize with a carrot cake, but not any actual carrot flavor. Still moist and doughy, the texture and warm spices were a highlight.
- Raspberry Truffle: How refreshing. Slight tangs of tartness from raspberries, with a cool after finish of a light (almost “milk chocolate) finish. Not overpowering, but just present. The texture seemed a touch dry. Not because it was old, or stale, but just the structure of the bar was as such… I wasn’t mad at it though.
- Lemon Meringue Pie: Truth be told, I have never tired a lemon pie before. But if this bar tastes anything like it, I will be hooked. From the second I opened the package, I got a whiff of fresh and light lemon essence. The taste was bursting of spring flavors, Texture wise, the same dryer texture. Again, sort of worked.
- Chocolate Banana Bread: Bananas and chocolate will always go together. And I was impressed at the amount of banana flavor they were able to pair with the chocolate. It was in perfect balance. Some bites the chocolate got a bit overpowering, so I really could have used a touch more banana. Texture- same packed dryness.
- Dark Raspberry Truffle: Very similar to the Raspberry Truffle, but with an extra sense of elegance and depth. I got a bit more strong, and bitter quality from the dark chocolate that I adore. If you prefer dark chocolate, go with this bar. 🙂
No Cow Cookies:
One of the newer aspects of No Cow is the addition of Protein Cookies.. can I say yum? To have a snack (or dessert) that not only tastes good, but is good for you, is a win-win in my book. I was only able to get my hands on the Double Chocolate Cookie, but I hope to try them all soon!
- Double Chocolate: Oh my goodness…. I was blown away. Full of deep, and light chocolate notes, and the texture was that of a freshly baked cookie right out of Grandma’s oven. I loved the little baby chocolate chips that dotted my cookie, and the chocolate taste was a delicious balance.
I believe that No Cow accomplished what they set out to do. A delicious snack product that is high in protein, low in sugar, and not filled with bulls*$t. I’m not a huge fan of palm oil, and I would have loved to see more whole food ingredients used in their bars, but I applaud them from staying away from artificial fillers and GMOs. Needless to say, I will be looking out for these bars (and cookies) the next time I hit the store. Or, try them from the seat of your home. Check out No Cow’s Website for more flavors!