In a world filled to the brim with the hustle and bustle of life, convenience has become king in the modern society. Where doughnuts and lattes are replacing bowls of nutritious oatmeal, or smoothies because no one is making time to take care of the one thing that should be top priority, their health. So instead of going with the “normal” snack choices (chips, cookies, or a package of HoHos), Joy Bauer created a line of single serving pouches of crunchy and soft granola bites called Nourish Snacks. But will they truly make you switch out your purse full of sugary breakfast bars for one? Here’s what I think….
Joy is no stranger to the the world of nutrition and health. Registered as a dietitian for over 20 years, as well as one of NBC Today Show’s Health Experts, she came into this business with some serious knowledge and experience behind her belt. Focused on providing the population with purposeful ingredients (and not using artificial colors, dyes, or ingredients) she also wants to make sure next time you snack (trust me, we all do it) you will be not only fueling your body, but your taste buds too. Certified Kosher, and naturally vegan and gluten free (but not certified).
My review is broken down into two categories: bites with chocolate, and those without. That way if chocolate is not your cup of tea, you can bypass to something more your speed. Again, convenience is key, ladies ad gentlemen. 😉
Over half of the Nourish Snack collection contains the warm comfort of chocolate. Using both cacao powder, and cacao butter, it gives each bite a nice velvety chocolate flavor. Although, I’m not trilled at the prospect of not 100% whole ingredients (soy lecithin, natural flavors, and expeller pressed sunflower oil is used), the source only non-GMO ingredients, so I feel a little bit better.
Chewy Chocolate Banana:
- The balance between the chocolate and banana was spot on in these bites. Generally the banana flavor gets easily overpowered, but it stood out greatly.
- The slight soft chew was pleasantly offset by the little crunchies of chia seeds. Great contrast in texture.
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter:
- First off, chocolate and peanut butter were a match made in heaven. Secondly, when someone puts it into a tiny bite size ball, you cannot help but each the whole pouch.
- I wish the peanut butter was a bit more harmonious with the chocolate flavor in this bite. It was slightly overpowering of all the other ingredients.
- The nuts really brought the sweetness level down, and I was very happy about that! Not to sweet, but not to savory.
Chewy Double Chocolate:
- When I get presented with anything “double chocolate”, my initial internal reaction is a bit of a cringe. Sadly, many companies just put as much chocolate flavor into something till it overpowers everything else. I did get that sensation slightly with these bites. Just a very, very chocolate-y bite. Luckily, (I don’t know how) the chew from the oats really married well with the chocolate.
No Chocolate Near Here:
Chewy Blueberry Apple:
- When my teeth first sunk into this granola sphere, I was hit with a very light, and refreshing taste of spring. The perfect fruity balance with the natural heartiness of the oats.
- I loved finding little dried pieces of fruit scatted throughout. It really retained the power of the fruit, while adding a nice mouth feel with it being dried.
Crunchy Coconut Vanilla:
- Different from all the others, I was excited to experience the crunchy texture of this one. I loved it! A nice bite, but not overly crunchy. Although, it did break apart quite easily. So beware if you are wearing your evening clothes. 😉
- A lovely balance of the coconut and vanilla. Refreshing, yet comforting and warm. I appreciated that I was not bombarded with a truckload of coconut flavor. It was a nice little kiss of tropical feelings.
I am very impressed at the flavor that came behind each and every one of these products. Great variety, and excellent mouth feel. Do I hope that they would switch over to use even more whole ingredients? Absolutly! But for the person on the move who needs a pick me up, I would highly recommend them! Head on over to Nourish Snacks Website for more information on where to find their products, or just more info in general. Or skip on over to Amazon for reviews and pricing. 🙂
Disclaimer: Striving to keeping this blog free, and filled with awesome new products and companies, this post was sponsored, or contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation, or was provided with sample products.