Addictions are bad…. unless it’s peanut butter….. or Zelda…. or love of puppies… never mind! 😉 Mug cakes are one of my favorite end of day desserts. I can indulge, without over indulging. But even with this mug cake, you can’t even count it as indulging because its so healthy!
Mug cakes (as weird as this is going to sound) have really been a lifesaver for me. Not in the sense of, “Oh my gosh! I had a really tough day! Let me drown my sorrows in this cake.” it’s more like, “I need to eat something of substance today as I haven’t eaten in 9 hours….”.
If there one thing I hate about an eating disorder, is that it feels like I’m losing either way. If I don’t eat, I’m anxious because I know I need to. And when I do eat, I’m anxious that I did. It’s a daily struggle. And now that I’m gone at rehearsals all the time, I need to force myself to stay up later at night to eat. So these really help me eat some something of substance so I don’t go to sleep in a starvation state.
I topped this mug cake with some banana coins (because I do believe bananas and peanut butter were made in heaven), and some of my creamy Peanut Butter Protein Frosting! If you want to be a rebel and not top this with bananas and peanut butter.. I won’t judge. 😉
I use PB Fit Organic… and it is truly the definition of addictive!
- ¾ scoop of peanut butter protein powder (vegan and plant based)
- 2T. peanut butter powder (regular peanut butter would work too)
- 2T. mashed banana or unsweetened applesauce
- 2T. water or plant based milk
- 1t. vanilla extract
- ½t. baking powder
- Peanut Butter Protein Frosting (link in post)
- Combine all ingredients in a small microwavable mug or bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. If you want a firmer cake, microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Top with peanut butter protein frosting and bananas, or whatever you desire.