Some days are better than others. It can sometimes feel like the world is crashing down over my head even when I’m alone in my room. It can feel like someone is stepping on my chest when someone asks me out to eat. Recovering from and E.D is not easy…. some days I wish it would just disappear.
Another Instagram requested recipe. 🙂 This came from one of my daily breakfast posts.. which more than likely are zoats! Because as you know, I love them so much!! They are not only delicious, but:
- You get those veggies in
- Bulk it up without hiking the calories
- Adds a dynamic texture to the oats
- It gets nice and gloppy with the oat starch
- And can blend into any oat recipe or can be excluded!
I have yet to fully add nut butters back into my diet. For me, it was a challenge food that I avoided. All the preaching I was doing about, “It’s not about the calories! Just eat real food!” still did not keep me from avoiding high calorie foods. Particularly nut butters. But while I was so caught up in calories, I forgot about all the health benefits that come from them. Just to name one, they are a great source of healthy fats! Which if you are a woman, (sorry guys) you know how much healthy fats play into having a regular cycle. And once I started incorporating healthy fats back into my diet, my long gone cycle returned! So don’t neglect the healthy fats!
I like that taste of PB Fit, and the fact that it is a fraction of the calories and fat, but still giving that creamy taste! On my good days, I can make myself use the real stuff! Just make sure that it is from a natural, and organic source.
You can sub the PB Fit for equal parts of regular nut butter and still yield the same peanut buttery results. 🙂
For those who come from an E.D background, what were some foods that frightened you, and how did you recover from that?
- ¼c. gluten free rolled oats
- 1t. steel cut oats (optional)
- 2-3c. zucchini or yellow summer squash (grated)
- 1t. tapioca starch
- 1t. vanilla extract
- ½t. ground cinnamon
- 2T. PB Fit or peanut butter
- salt (optional)
- Peanut Butter Protein Frosting
- Flax, Chia, and Hemp Seeds
- More Peanut Butter 😉
- In a medium sauce pan add your oats, zucchini and water.
- Bring to a bubble over medium/medium low heat. Stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Cook until you reach a gloppy bubble or about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Top with recommended toppings.