Single serve recipes are very important to me. Being as such that I am currently the only person in my residence that eats this lifestyle, almost everything I make is single serve. So if you are planning on spending this Thanksgiving riding solo, this Pumpkin Pancake recipe is the perfect breakfast. Although you must eat them cuddled under a blanket with a cup of tea, and watching Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving. 😉
When I first transitioned to this lifestyle, I heavily relied on “transition foods” to get me through. Foods like pancakes, waffles, cookies, aka, vegan junk food… sort of..As I was also going through the early stages of my eating disorder recovery, going to the grocery store and picking up some vegan junk food was not an option. I still wanted to eat as healthily as I could, to fuel my body for a well-to-do recovery, but having large quantities of a certain food causes me anxiety for fear of a binge session, than restricting, and starting the vicious cycle. Especially during this time, single serve was an important criteria for my recovery.
My Single Serve Pancakes were a lifesaver, and continue to be a highlight meal in my book. Paired with some peanut butter and cacao sauce, you cannot beat it! But since it is the Thanksgiving season, we are kicking off our last pumpkin themed recipe right before the big day with another family favorite (Literally. My whole family absolutely loved the one pancake I was able to spare for each of them. 😉 ), Pumpkin Pancakes!!
- One Bowl
- Vegan + Gluten free
- Soy free + Oil free
- Sugar free and, oh course, Single Serve.
I love to top mine with some homemade pumpkin nut butter (recipe coming soon!), So Delicious Coconut Whip, gluten free rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, and if your feeling extra indulgent, (which I highly recommend), crumble up some of my moist Pumpkin Bread, and Papa Steve’s No Junk Darcy Chocolate Mocha Almond bar (Or any of Papa Steve’s Vegan Bars are amazing!) for another layers of intense flavors.
I used Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour in this recipe, I have not tried it with another blend. So proceed at your own risk. 😉
- ⅓c. + 1T. gluten free all-purpose flour
- ½t. ground cinnamon
- 1t. baking powder
- ¼c. pumpkin puree
- 2½- 3T. water
- ¼t. pumpkin pie extract or spice
- Pumpkin Nut Butter
- Coco Whip
- Pumpkin Bread Crumbles (link in post)
- Papa Steve's Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond Crumbles (link in post)
- gluten free rolled oats
- pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat a large saute pan over medium/low heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the dry ingredients until combined. Add in your wet ingredients and gently stir until just mixed.
- Drop spoonful sized batter into your preheated saute pan. Using the back of a spoon, work batter to form a circle (DON'T COMPLETELY FLATTEN! JUST ROUND THEM OFF.)
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Serve warm with recommend toppings.
Disclaimer: Striving to keeping this blog free, and filled with awesome new products and companies, this post was sponsored, or contains affiliate links. I may receive compensation, or was provided with sample products.